Developing a disciplined workout routine does wonders for our health, but it can be challenging to remain inspired before and during the workout.
Let’s face it, the act of exercising itself is not always pleasant. We do it largely for the outcome and future health benefits, but it can be tough to get through the fatigue and pain of the actual physical exercises.
That’s why the majority of people find ways to take their minds off the actual work, commonly by listening to music.
Music not only presents a diversion but also brings about the inspiration and stimulation required to maximize effort. You may not feel like hitting the gym today, but put on your best music and all of a sudden you’re energized and ready to go.
This is where hearing aids can be beneficial for individuals with hearing loss.
With compatible hearing aids, you can stream your favorite music directly from your music player or smartphone to your hearing aids—without any wires getting in the way.
As an alternative, if you’re in the learning mood, you can also stream your favorite podcasts or internet based courses, developing both your mental and physical health at the same time.
Have a workout partner instead?
The latest hearing aid models, equipped with directional microphones, focus on and accentuate speech while controlling background noise, making it easier to hold a conversation with your partner in an active gym.
For all of these reasons hearing aids are indispensable gym equipment, but you may be concerned about possible damage to the device from sweat and moisture.
While the majority of hearing aid models are resistant against dust and moisture to some degree, there are some accessories you can use to preserve your hearing aids at the gym.
Think about investing in:
- Hearing aid sweatbands – these absorbent sleeves fit over your hearing aids, defending them from sweat and dirt.
- Hearing aid clips – helps to prevent damage or loss if your hearing aids become unintentionally dislodged from your ears.
- Batteries – keeping an extra pair on hand ensures you won’t run out of power mid-workout.
- Cleaning kits – helps clean and sanitize your hearing aids post-workout.
- Hearing aid dehumidifier – well worth investing in for three reasons: dehumidifiers 1) eliminate moisture, 2) sanitize using UV light, and 3) supply a safe place for storage overnight.
With a little preparation, you can safely enjoy all the advantages of hearing aids at the gym.
If you have any questions, or want to get more info about hearing aid accessories for the gym, send us a message or give us a call!